What is this?
"Aromatherapy can be defined as the art and science of utilizing naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, harmonize and promote the health of body, mind and spirit. It is an art and science which seeks to explore the physiological, psychological and spiritual realm of the individual's response to aromatic extracts as well as to observe and enhance the individual's innate healing process. As a holistic practice, Aromatherapy is both a preventative approach as well as an active method to employ during acute and chronic stages of illness or 'dis'-ease.
It is a natural, non-invasive modality designed to affect the whole person not just the symptom or disease and to assist the body's natural ability to balance, regulate, heal and maintain itself by the correct use of essential oils." Jade Shutes, founder of The East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Education
How does it work?
- Essential oils used in Aromatherapy evaporate into the air, and are inhaled and smelled; thus, they directly affect the brain, and therefore mood and emotion.
- How we perform our Aromatherapy is to mix your choice of essential oil with our Biotone Advanced Therapy Massage Lotion in a bottle that you get to take home after the session. Throughout the session, this combination is both applied to your body where the essential oils soak in through the skin and we also we cup our hands near your face for you to breath the scent in.
- We currently offer six essential oil blends by Eden’s Garden including: Breathe Easier, Good Night, Hope, Relaxation, Stress Relief, and Sunshine Spice.
How much does it cost?
- Our Aromatherapy treatment is an additional $10 on top of the massage.
- You get the option of taking your personal lotion bottle home and using it however you wish; bring it back for a future appointment for no additional charge; or leaving it with us to use for your future appointments.
What are the benefits?
Helps fight depression and anxiety.
Aids in pain management.
Improves blood pressure.
Aids in improving quality of life, physically, mentally, and/or emotionally.